In February 14, 2014, The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria launched a centralized bio-metric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).
Are you looking for how to check Bank Verification Number (BVN) on your mobile phone without having to visit your bank’s branch? or Do you need to know your Bank Verification Number (BVN) with your mobile device using USSD code?
This post, on How To Check Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) with your mobile smartphone Via USSD Code For MTN, Etisalat, Glo and Airtel will answer all your questions about Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The Benefits Of Bank Verification Number (BVN) in Nigeria
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Offers great security to your bank account across all banks.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cut exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- The Customers BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
Currently, most banks will not allow you perform any transaction on your account if it is not linked to a Bank Verification Number (BVN). Transaction like;
- Transfer funds from one account to the other.
- Withdrawal through ATM or Withdrawal slip.
- All online transactions.
- and many more.
Note: You do not need internet access to perform this operations to check your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Via Your mobile smartphone.
How To Check Your Bank Verification Number (BVN) Via USSD Code For MTN, Etisalat, Glo and Airtel
- Dial *565*0# with your mobile smartphone.
- and Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) will send you the BVN associated with your mobile phone number.
Note: Make sure you dial this USSD Code with the phone number you used to open your bank account and is used to check your bank account balance via mobile USSD Code.
How To Enroll For BVN Through Any Banks in Nigeria
You only need to follow this simple 5 quick steps on how to register for Bank Verification Number (BVN) in Nigeria
- Enter any bank branch of your choice.
- Request, fill and submit their BVN enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
- An acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID would be issued to you right away.
- In less than 24 hours, you should get a message showing you your new BVN. Now, you can now link BVN with all your bank accounts.
Please follow and like us: